These recordings are currently saved in Stream.
Well, you will soon be able to save these recording in OneDrive.
This applies only to non channel meetings; channel meetings will be saved under a folder named Recording with the name of the channel in the team’s document library.
Non channel meeting recording will be saved in OneDrive under a folder named Recording.
Each participant of these non-channel meetings will receive a shared link access.
Channel meeting will be saved under the same folder (Recording)
NOTE external participant will not receive this link automatically. They will need to be explicitly added.
The recording will be save to the user’s OneDrive who clicked the record button.
The following schedule applies for saving recording in OneDrive:
- Early October – You can enable the Teams Meeting policy to have meeting recordings saved to OneDrive and SharePoint instead of Microsoft Stream (Classic)
- End of October – Meeting recordings in OneDrive and SharePoint will have support for English captions via the Teams transcription feature
- Early to mid-November – All new Teams meeting recordings will be saved to OneDrive and SharePoint unless you delay this change by modifying your organization’s Teams Meeting policies and explicitly setting them to “Stream”
- Q1 2021 – No new meeting recordings can be saved to Microsoft Stream (Classic); all customers will automatically have meeting recordings saved to OneDrive and SharePoint even if they’ve changed their Teams meeting policies to Stream”
To start saving meeting recording in OneDrive and SharePoint instead of Stream, you need to use the Skype for Business PowerShell module – reminder the latest Teams PowerShell module now includes the Skype for Business connection (see https://t.co/xmiV2ezIjg).
Connect to Teams/Skype for Business Online with the below command
$session = New-CsOnlineSession -Credential $cred
Then you have to set the recording storage policy as below
- Save recordings in OneDrive/SharePoint
Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity Global -RecordingStorageMode “OneDriveForBusiness”
- Keep saving recordings in Stream
Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity Global -RecordingStorageMode “Stream”